Wednesday, August 26, 2009

08-20-2009 (Networking)

Welcome! My name is Betty. I am taking my masters in IT because after my undergrad, I still felt the need to learn more about IT. Also, my husband travels a lot and I did not want to start working and have both of us traveling out of town at the same time (two kids at home)... so presently, pursuing my masters is the best fit for me.

I am looking forward to learning a lot more about IT. The OSI model discussion in class sparked an interest in learning about networking and I hope to enroll in a class in the Spring. Who'd have thunk??!! I still feel like a greenhorn and any boost to geekdom I can get, I will take.

After many an unsuccessful attempts at selling my husband's TCP-IP books online, not to mention the cursory 'you-are-taking-up-too-much-space-in-my-home-office' looks at the huge collection, I am excited to have failed at selling them and look forward to learning something about networking.

This quote nails it!

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. ~Clay P. Bedford

No comments:

Post a Comment